AN ORDINANCE PRESCRIBING TOURISM ECOLOGICAL FEE AND IMPOSING PENALTIES FOR VIOLATION THEREOF IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF MATAASNAKAHOY, BATANGAS
- La Virginia Hotel and Resort will be charging Php 20.00 (TWENTY PESOS) per person (8yrs old and above) for the ecological fee municipal ordinance of Mataasnakahoy, Batangas.
- All Filipino Senior Citizens shall have a 20% discount in payment of Tourism Ecological Fee. (Php 16.00 Sixteen Pesos)
Exemption from Tourism Ecological Fee
- All residents permanently residing in Mataasnakahoy shall be exempted from payment of the Tourism Ecological fee provided he or she shows proof of such residency. Proof of residency includes passport, community tax certificate, voters ID and baranggay clearance.
- All Filipino children Seven (7) years old and below or person/s with disability (PWD)
- Government officials/personnel who are invited by municipal government to perform functions as requested by the local Chief Executive.
- Occasions/gatherings like weddings, graduations, birthday events and baptism are not considered as tourist activity hence exempted.
Uses of Fund for the Tourism Ecological Fee
- The Tourism Ecological Fund shall be used for administrative expenses of the Tourism Office. (ex. Tickets, salaries of tourism personnel, production of IEC material, office supplies, tourism brochures and other related programs, projects and activities.)
- Tourism and environmental projects such as, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation of natural resources such as upland resources
- Effective environmental law enforcement (includes expenditures such as Bantay Lawa activities, fuel and maintenance of patrol boats and other similar activities that will help enhance and improve Municipality’s Ecosystem)
- Solid Waste Management.
- Tourism and other environmental related program.